We are committed to improving the oral healthcare knowledge of our patients. Below is a selection of links and resources where you can access interesting and informative dental information.
If you have a suggestion for a new link, please send us an email, as we are always looking for good resources to pass along to our valued patients and community. We hope you find these sites helpful!
General Dental Websites
The following links provide some good general information on dentistry.
- Academy of General Dentistry – The AGD’s consumer information site "Know Your Teeth" provides information on more than 50 oral dental health topics.
- American Dental Association – Provides information for the general public including dental care articles, dental insurance information, and information for students interested in dentistry.
Oral Health Care & Products
Links to sites providing helpful information on oral health and home care products patients can use to maintain optimum oral health.
- Colgate – Trusted resource for dental health information and oral care products.
- Crest – One of the world's most trusted brands in dental products.
- Sonicare – Learn how the Sonicare toothbrush creates an indescribable clean feeling, the benefits you can expect, and even take a factory tour.
Other Interesting Dental Websites
Other sites of interest on the Web.
- National Museum of Dentistry – The museum, a Smithsonian Institution Affiliate, is a lively national center where visitors learn the importance of a healthy smile and are fascinated by the rich history of dentistry.
Tobacco Information (Quit smoking!)
Several resources and information to help those who smoke to quit. Smoking is terribly harmful to your teeth and a healthy smile.
- Campaign for Tobacco-Free Kids – Working to expose Big Tobacco's lies, the Campaign reveals the truth about the deadly effects of smoking, tobacco's corporate public relations campaigns to convince the public that it is a reformed industry, and the advertising and marketing tactics tobacco companies use to entice youth as their new customers.
- Tobacco and Cancer – Resource for those who want to stop smoking, as well as other information on cancer. Smoking greatly increases a person's chances of oral cancers.
General health websites covering a variety of topics.
- WebMD – The world's leading source for trustworthy and timely health and medical news and information. Providing credible health information, supportive community, and educational services by blending award-winning expertise in content, community services, expert commentary, and medical review.